Top-Selling Media Franchises in Japan in Year 2016
The survey of sales conducted between the time period of December 20,2015 to December 11, 2016 is mentioned in the following list. It constitutes the raw yen aggregate of Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, music CDs, novels in print but excludes games, film tickets, digital downloads, and various form of media sales. (1 yen = 0.0085 usd)
Rank / Estimated Sales / Title / Main Source of Income
- 1/8,048,798,040/Love Live!/Home video.
- 2/6,656,539,884/One Piece/Manga
- 3/6,290,467,716/Osomatsu-kun/Home video.
- 4/5,385,359,888/The [email protected]/Music
- 6/4,368,473,005/Moblie Suit Gundam/Home video.
- 7/4,234,939,485/Girls und Panzer/Home video.
- 8/4,216,044,680/Assassination Classroom/Manga
- 9/3,845,406,579/Attack on Titan/Manga
- 11/3,627,055,636/Star Wars Series/Home video.
- 12/3,372,664,826/Monogatari Series/Home video.
- 13/3,271,319,757/Tokyo Ghoul/Manga
- 14/2,862,527,019/Detective Conan/Manga
- 16/2,727,119,180/The Seven Deadly Sins/Manga
- 17/2,703,360,132/your name./Novel
- 18/2,668,416,616/Kamen Rider Series/Home video.
- 19/2,596,513,416/My Hero Academia/Manga
- 20/2,005,169,078/One-Punch Man/Manga
- 21/1,954,757,080/Sekaiichi Muzukashii Koi/Music
- 22/1,934,633,401/Harry Potter Series/Novel
- 23/1,929,039,372/ARIA/Home video.
- 24/1,913,547,397/Terra Formars/Manga
- 25/1,878,804,092/Bungou Stray Dogs/Manga
- 27/1,787,213,253/Fairy Tail/Manga
- 29/1,763,517,268/Shokugeki no Sōma/Manga
Source : Oricon