High Card Season 2 was announced during Anime Japan 2023 on Saturday along with a new key visual. The original anime series animated by Studio Hibari is currently sttreaming on Crunchyroll with the season finale set to release Monday, March 27.
Junichi Wada is the director of High Card. Naoki Kuroyanagi handles the series composition of the series while Kazuhiko Inukai, Kenichi Yamashita, and Shingo Nagai handled the script for the first season. Ryou Takahashi composes the music. Fans can check out one of the trailers for the first season below.
High Card Season 1 Cast
- Gen Sato as Finn Oldman
- Haruka Shiraishi as Wendy Sato
- Shun Horie as Leo Constantine Pinochle
- Toshiki Masuda as Chris Redgrave
- Yuichiro Umehara as Vijay Kumar Singh
- Chiharu Sawashiro as Bobby Ball
- Daisuke Ono as Theodore Constantine Pinochle
- Eiji Hanawa as Lindsey Betz
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Bernard Symons
- Mie Sonozaki as Brandy Blumenthal
- Nobunaga Shimazaki as Owen Alldays
- Rie Takahashi as Sugar Peas
- Shigeru Chiba as Lucky Lunchman
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Brist Blitz Broadhurst
- Tomokazu Seki as Ban Klondike
- Toshihiko Seki as Norman Kingstadt
- Toshiyuki Morikawa as Greg Young
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Tilt
High Card Synopsis
Kadokawa describes the original anime series as such:
After discovering that his orphanage was on the brink of closing due to financial stress, Finn, who was living freely on the streets, set out for a casino with the aim of making a fortune. However, nothing could have prepared Finn for the nightmare that was awaiting him. Once there, Finn encountered a car chase and bloody shootout caused by a man’s “lucky” card. Finn will eventually learn what the shootout was about.
The world order can be controlled by a set of 52 X-Playing cards with the power to bestow different superhuman powers and abilities to the ones that possess them. With these cards, people can access the hidden power of the “buddy” that can be found within themselves.
There is a secret group of players called High Card, who have been directly ordered by the king of Fourland to collect the cards that have been scattered throughout the kingdom, while moonlighting as employees of the luxury car maker Pinochle.
Scouted to become the group’s fifth member, Finn soon joins the players on a dangerous mission to find these cards.
“All you need in life are manners, dignity, and the will to bet on your own life.”
However, Who’s Who, the rival car maker obsessed with defeating Pinochle, and the Klondikes, the infamous Mafia family, stand in the way of the gang. A frenzied battle amongst these card-obsessed players, fueled by justice, desire, and revenge, is about to begin! Are you ready?
The release date for High Card Season 2 has not been announced yet.
Source: Official Website
© TMS/HIGH CARD Project