The rankings for the best anime of the Summer 2022 have concluded, and the fall season has already started. Time moves quickly, and here at Anime Corner, we’ve finished our calculations for the anime that started this season.
In case you missed it, from July 1, 2022 to September 3, 2022, Anime Corner held weekly polls to collect community feedback and rank weekly episode releases. Throughout the season, our polls collected data from 43,675 individuals; our findings are based on the total amount of data collected.
We conducted weekly polls from Week 1 to Week 12, followed by a “Anime of the Season” poll from September 23 to October 3, 2022.
Final poll results accounted for 55% of the score ranking’s weight, while weekly poll results accounted for the remaining 45%. The 45 percent weight is distributed over a twelve-week period, and then the results are combined to generate the list.
This is a weighted ranking, and we chose this method so that the final result would be more balanced.
We’ve taken measures to reduce spam and data duplication in order to maintain data integrity by logging each user’s IP address and allowing only one vote per option per IP address per poll.
Summer 2022 Anime Rankings
We’d like to remind you that the rankings below shouldn’t change your mind about whether or not to watch anime series that aren’t in the top ten. Each show has its own style, and everyone has different tastes in anime.
Top 41 Anime of the Season – Summer 2022 Ranking
|2nd||Call of the Night||7.72%|
|3rd||Classroom of the Elite Season 2||7.62%|
|4th||My Stepmom’s Daughter Is My Ex||6.01%|
|5th||SHADOWS HOUSE 2nd Season||5.76%|
|7th||Vermeil in Gold||4.65%|
|9th||The Yakuza’s Guide to Babysitting||4.44%|
|10th||Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV||3.96%|
|11th||Made in Abyss: The Golden City of the Scorching Sun||3.67%|
|12th||A Harem in a Fantasy World Labyrinth||3.43%|
|13th||Rent-a-Girlfriend 2nd Season||3.42%|
|14th||The Devil is a Part-Timer!!||3.23%|
|15th||When Will Ayumu Make His Move?||2.97%|
|16th||Parallel World Pharmacy||2.74%|
|18th||The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious||2.26%|
|19th||My Isekai Life||2.02%|
|22nd||Love Live! Superstar!! Season 2||1.12%|
|23rd||Dropkick on My Devil!! X||0.82%|
|25th||ORIENT Part 2||0.76%|
|26th||League of Nations Air Force Aviation Magic Band Luminous Witches||0.57%|
|28th||Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer||0.55%|
|29th||Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation||0.53%|
|31st||Phantom of the Idol||0.48%|
|32nd||Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing ’til you Cry||0.47%|
|33rd||Kingdom Season 4||0.47%|
|34th||Utawarerumono Mask of Truth||0.34%|
|35th||Tokyo Mew Mew New||0.34%|
|36th||The Prince of Tennis II: U-17 WORLD CUP||0.32%|
|37th||Shine On! Bakumatsu Bad Boys!||0.3%|
|39th||Shoot! Goal to the Future||0.22%|
|41st||CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD will+Dress||0.19%|
We would like to thank everyone who voted and provided feedback in our polls.
Summer 2022 Participant Statistics
In this season’s weekly polls, 43,670 individuals provided responses. The term “people” refers to the various IP addresses that were logged during the submission of the poll. We have taken every precaution to prevent spam and maintain the integrity of the data.
Below is detailed information about the voters’ demographics.
The age distribution of our voters is shown in the following table. Because the default setting for the age option on our polls website is 13, we have marked it as “Unknown” because we do not know whether the respondent is under the age of 13 or simply forgot to change it manually.
The table below details the gender group members who voted in the poll.
Similarly, the table below indicates the number of individuals from each continent included in our data calculation.
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in our polls this season. In case you missed it, we’ve already begun collecting data for Fall 2022’s first week, and you can vote by visiting our polls site here. You can also make your own anime tier lists and top ten rankings for the new season by going here.
Lycoris Recoil © Spider Lily / Aniplex / ABC Animation / BS11
Call of the Night © 2022 Kotoyama, Shogakukan / “Call of the Night” Production Committee
Classroom of the Elite © Shogo Kinugasa, KADOKAWA / Classroom of Elite 2 Production Committee
*Note: We intended to include only shows that began airing this season, but due to some backend issues, we had to perform system maintenance and migrate data, which resulted in shows like AOASHI being included accidently on this list.