The Summer 2023 anime rankings have concluded, and the fall season has arrived. Time flies, and here at Anime Corner, we’ve completed our calculations for the anime that began in the Summer season. Bungo Stray Dogs 5 ranked first, followed by BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War -The Separation- and Mushoku Tensei Season 2.
Anime Corner held weekly polls to collect community feedback and rank weekly episode releases from July 1, 2023 to September 22, 2023. Our polls collected data from 32,924 people throughout the season; our findings are based on the total amount of data collected.
We conducted a weekly poll from Week 1 to Week 12, followed by a “Anime of the Season” (Summer 2023 AOTS) poll from September 22 to October 7, 2023. The final poll results accounted for 55% of the weight of the score ranking, with weekly poll results accounting for the remaining 45%. The 45 percent weight is distributed over a twelve-week period, and the results are combined to form the list.
This is a weighted ranking, which we chose to achieve a more balanced final result.
To maintain data integrity, we’ve taken steps to reduce spam and data duplication by logging each user’s IP address and allowing only one vote per option per IP address per poll.
Summer 2023 Best Anime Rankings
We’d like to remind you that the rankings below should not be used to influence your decision to watch low-ranked anime series. Each show has its own style, and everyone’s anime preferences differ.
Top 44 Anime of the Season – Summer 2023 Ranking
|1st||Bungo Stray Dogs 5||9.19%|
|2nd||BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War – The Separation –||8.76%|
|3rd||Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Season 2||7.36%|
|4th||Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead||6.78%|
|5th||Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2||6.3%|
|6th||My Happy Marriage||5.84%|
|8th||Undead Girl Murder Farce||3.29%|
|9th||The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses||2.96%|
|10th||Reign of the Seven Spellblades||2.45%|
|11th||Rurouni Kenshin (2023)||2.34%|
|12th||Masamune-kun’s Revenge R||2.27%|
|13th||Horimiya: The Missing Pieces||2.1%|
|14th||The Misfit of Demon King Academy 2||2.01%|
|15th||Rent-a-Girlfriend Season 3||1.92%|
|16th||My Tiny Senpai||1.84%|
|17th||The Masterful Cat Is Depressed Again Today||1.81%|
|18th||Am I Actually the Strongest?||1.77%|
|19th||The Dreaming Boy is a Realist||1.65%|
|20th||Spy Classroom Season 2||1.61%|
|21st||Link Click Season 2||1.53%|
|22nd||The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 3||1.48%|
|23rd||Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon||1.41%|
|24th||The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior||1.36%|
|26th||The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 2||1.34%|
|27th||Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence||1.25%|
|28th||TenPuru -No One Can Live on Loneliness-||1.23%|
|29th||Sugar Apple Fairy Tale 2nd Cour||1.21%|
|31st||My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1||1.1%|
|33rd||Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation||1.04%|
|34th||The Great Cleric||1.03%|
|35th||Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero||1.02%|
|38th||Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari Season 2||0.7%|
|40th||BanG Dream! It’s MyGO!!!!!||0.66%|
|42nd||YOHANE THE PARHELION -SUNSHINE in the MIRROR-||0.58%|
|44th||CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD will+Dress Season 3||0.16%|
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in our polls and voted.
Summer 2023 Participant Statistics
This season’s weekly polls attracted 32,924 voters. The term “people” refers to the various IP addresses that were recorded during the submission of the poll. We’ve taken every precaution to avoid spam and keep the data safe.
The voter demographics are provided below.
The age distribution of our voters can be seen in the table below. Because our polls website’s age option has a default setting of less than 13, we’ve marked it as “Unknown” because we don’t know whether the respondent is under the age of 13 or simply forgot to change it manually.
The table below details the gender group members who voted in the poll.
Similarly, the table below shows the number of people from each continent who were included in our data calculation.
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in our polls this season. In case you missed it, we’re compiling information for the best weekly anime episodes for Fall 2023, and you can vote by visiting our polls site here.
Bungo Stray Dogs © Kafka Asagiri, Harukawa35/KADOKAWA/Bungo Stray Dogs Production Committee
Bleach © TITE KUBO / SHUEISHA, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot
Mushoku Tensei © Rifujin na Magonote/MF Books/”Mushoku Tensei” Production Committee