The upcoming The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten anime released a happy new year visual and trailer on Sunday. Studio project No.9 is animating the adaptation and the premiere date is set for January 7, 2023. The new visual is titled “On the New Year’s Day with Mahiru” and features the character dressed in Kimono with her line to the protagonist: “Amane-kun, Happy New Year.”
You can check already-released seasonal visuals from the links below:
- The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Gets New Key Visual Featuring Main Duo
- Angel Next Door Prepares for Fall Moon Viewing With New Visual
- The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Anime Gets Halloween Visual and Trailer
- The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten Anime Gets Autumn Leaf-Viewing Visual and Trailer, Birthday Stream Announced
- Angel Next Door Anime Gets Into Christmas Mood With New Visual
Studio project No.9 (Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway) is animating The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten anime based on Saekisan’s light novel series originally launched on web novel service Shosetsuka ni Naro, and currently being published with art by Hanekoto under SB Creative’s light novel label GA Bunko. The light novel released the latest, 7th volume in September 2022.
Yen Press licensed the series for English release and describes the plot of the first volume as:
Mahiru is a beautiful girl whose classmates all call her an “angel.” Not only is she a star athlete with perfect grades—she’s also drop-dead gorgeous. Amane‚ an average guy and self-admitted slob‚ has never thought much of the divine beauty‚ despite attending the same school. Everything changes‚ however‚ when he happens to see Mahiru sitting alone in a park during a rainstorm. Thus begins the strange relationship between this incredibly unlikely pair!