Attack on Titan Final Season Part 4 will premiere on November 4, as announced earlier with new trailer. The final installment of the anime franchise unveiled the first trailer in July at the Anime Expo.
The first part of the finale premiered as a single one-hour special this March. Crunchyroll licensed it as Attack on Titan Final Season THE FINAL CHAPTERS Special. During the recent MAPPA Stage event, director Hayashi presented the latest key visual, stating that it is the first one in the history of the anime that does not directly feature any characters or titans.
SiM’s “Under the Tree” was used as the theme song for the first part. The staff included:
- Director: Yuichiro Hayashi
- Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko
- Character Design: Tomohiro Kishi
- Animation Directors: Daisuke Ninuma, Manabu Akita
- Chief Episode Director: Jun Shishido
- Effect Animation Directors: Taichi Furumata, Satoshi Sakai
- Color Design: Iku Onishi
- Art Director: Kuniaki Nemoto
- Screen Design: Yusuke Tannawa
- CDCG Director: Motoi Okuno/Subaru Ikeda
- Filming Director: Shigeki Asakwa
- Editor: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Effect Director: Masafumi Mima
- Music: Kohta Yamamoto, Hiroyuki Sawano
- Sound Effects: Naoto Yamatani
- Sound Production: Techno Sound
- Animation Producer: Wataru Kawagoe
- Produced by: MAPPA
Attack on Titan is based on a manga series by Hajime Isayama serialized in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine from 2009 to 2021. The manga ended in April of 2021 after 139 chapters, which were compiled into 34 volumes. The final, 34th volume came out in June 2021. The manga received an anime adaptation by WIT Studio in 2013. Season 2 came in 2017, followed by the third season which was split into two cours. The first cour aired in the summer of 2018, while the second one started in April of 2019. Studio MAPPA took over the franchise for the 4th season, which was titled Attack on Titan Final Season. It started airing in December of 2020 and had a total of 16 episodes. After it finished airing in March of 2021, Part 2 was announced. Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 started in January of last year.
Crunchyroll will be streaming the finale. The platform describes the plot of the special episodes as:
The fate of the world hangs in the balance as Eren unleashes the ultimate power of the Titans. With a burning determination to eliminate all who threaten Eldia, he leads an unstoppable army of Colossal Titans towards Marley. Now a motley crew of his former comrades and enemies scramble to halt his deadly mission, the only question is, can they stop him?
Source: Attack on Titan Official Website
© Hajime Isayama, Kodansha/”ATTACK ON TITAN” The Final Season Production Committee