Yoko Taro, Hiroyuki Seshita, and Atsushi Okubo are teaming up on a new original anime, titled Kamierabi. The anime will premiere in October of 2023 and it will air on Fuji TV’s Ultra+ TV block. Hiroyuki Seshita’s newly-established studio Unend will be animating the original anime. The teaser trailer and visual are now out.
The credits for Kamierabi anime include:
- Original Concept: Yoko Taro (NieR: Automata)
- Director: Hiroyuki Seshita (Ajin, BLAME)
- Character Design: Atsushi Okubo (author of Fire Force, Soul Eater)
- Series Composition/Screenplay: Jin (Listeners, Mekakucity Actors)
- Music: MONACA
- Planning/Production: Slow Curve
- Animation Production: Unend (this is their first work)
There are still no details about the plot of the series. The official website has been launched but only contains basic information on the staff and their achievements so far. Yoko Taro tweeted about the upcoming series, stating that he made the base story. The screenwriter Jin also tweeted, saying that he worked hard on the series for the past few years. He later added that it was “f– fun” to work on Kamierabi and that he was still working on it.
Another work by Yoko Taro recently got an anime adaptation: NieR:Automata. A-1 Pictures is animating the series, which has been struggling with delays due to production issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Source: Kamierabi Official Website
© Kamierabi Production Committee