Undead Girl Murder Farce is getting an anime adaptation, as announced earlier today. Studio Lapintrack (Wotakoi OAD) will be animating the adaptation which will premiere this July. The teaser trailer is now available and it features the main cast:
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Aya Rindo
- Taku Yasiro as Tsugaru Shinuchi
- Makoto Koichi as Shizuku Hasei
Undead Girl Murder Farce anime staff includes:
- Director: Mamoru Hatakeyama
- Series Composition: Noboru Takagi
- Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Noriko Ito
- Sub-Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Naho Kozono
- Music: yuma yamaguchi
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
The anime is based on a currently ongoing novel series by Yugo Aosaku. Air Gear and Tenjo Tenge author (also known as Bakemonogatari artist), Oh! great did the cover illustrations. A manga adaptation by Haruka Tomoyama is also ongoing. Kodansha is publishing the manga in English.
Crunchyroll will be streaming the anime as part of their Fuji TV +Ultra partnership. The streaming platform describes the plot as:
The 19th century — a world inhabited by vampires, golems, werewolves and other paranormal creatures. Immortal beauty and disembodied head Aya Rindo, along with half-human-half-demon “Demon Killer” Tsugaru Shunichi and her loyal maid Shizuku Hasei, travels through Europe as supernatural detective “The Cage User,” solving supernatural mysteries while she searches for her lost body.
Source: Official Website
© Yugo Aosaki/Kodansha/Birdcage user and co.