RWBY: Arrowfell, a Metroidvania-style video game adaptation of the beloved animation series RWBY, by WayForward, the developers behind the Shantae series, and Arc Systems Works, who previously adapted Kill La Kill into a fighting game, was recently released. The developers partnered with Rooster Teeth to create the game based on the popular series. The game was released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on November 15 of this year.
The development team describes their game as follows:
Dive into an explosive new RWBY action-adventure! Instantly switch between all four members of Team RWBY — Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long — and use their signature weapons and Semblances to battle the Creatures of Grimm and other foes in side-scrolling, 2D combat and exploration! Featuring an in-canon story set during RWBY Volume 7, all-new cutscenes from the team behind the show, and an original theme song by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams, RWBY: Arrowfell lets you traverse Atlas and more than 25 other areas to solve environmental puzzles, slay massive bosses, power up with Skill Points, and interact with characters such as Penny, Winter, and General Ironwood, as well as the enigmatic new team of Huntresses, Team BRIR! Only Team RWBY can protect Remnant from a mysterious new threat in RWBY: Arrowfell!
• Play as all four members of Team RWBY — Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang — each with their own weapons and abilities! Switch between them at any time!
• Use each character’s Semblances to get an edge in combat and solve puzzles!
• Featuring an original theme song by Jeff Williams with vocals by Casey Lee Williams!
• An all-new canonical story set during RWBY Volume 7 from RWBY writers Kerry Shawcross, Miles Luna, and Eddy Rivas!
• Explore a variety of nonlinear environments in Atlas, Mantle, and the surrounding areas!
• Interact with familiar characters such as Penny, Winter, General Ironwood, and the Ace Operatives, as well as new faces such as Team BRIR!
• Collect Skill Points to power up Team RWBY’s stats!
RWBY: Arrowfell allows players to control the main girls of Team RWBY to fight Grimm in different areas while enjoying WayForward’s famous platforming and combat gameplay.
RWBY was originally created by Monty Oum in 2012, towards the end of season 10 of Rooster Teeth’s seminal series Red Vs. Blue, a parody series of the Halo video game series. RWBY follows the lives and adventures of Team RWBY, Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang, as they strive to become great warriors and heroes to save the innocent from the threat of Grimm, monsters created by the God of Darkness, and controlled by Salem, one of the series’ main antagonists. An anime adaptation by SHAFT aired this summer.
Source: Press Release
©Arc System Works, WayForward, Rooster Reeth