The Undead Unluck anime finally has a worldwide release date: December 13 on Disney+, Disney+ Hotstar, and Star+ platforms. The anime, which premiered on October 6, is streaming on Hulu in the United States. It is slated to air in two consecutive cours.
In addition to the worldwide release date, Undead Unluck anime also revealed the details regarding the English dub. Tony Oliver is directing the dub, which will be produced by Bang Zoom! Studios. The cast includes:
- Andy – Ben Balmaceda (Hanamichi Sakuragi from The First Slam Dunk)
- Fuko Izumo – Jackie Lastra (Komekko from KONOSUBA)
- Shen – Aleks Le (Zenitsu Agatsuma from Demon Slayer)
- Void – Daniel Walton (Masashi Kawata from The First Slam Dunk)
- Gena – Amber Lee Connors (Shoko Komi from Komi Can’t Communicate)
- Eurie Nam (Winner of the Anime Expo 2023 Open Auditions) will have guest roles in the series.
Studio David Production is animating the adaptation under the direction of Yuki Yase. The anime is adapting the manga by Yoshifumi Tozuka, whom Anime Corner recently interviewed. TMS Entertainment is producing the anime and describes the plot as:
What happens when an unlucky girl meets an undead guy? Pure chaos!
Tired of inadvertently killing people with her special ability Unluck, Fuko Izumo sets out to end it all. But when she meets Andy, a man who longs for death but can’t die, she finds a reason to live—and he finds someone capable of giving him the death he’s been longing for.
Source: Official Website
© Yoshifumi Tozuka, SHUEISHA/Undead Unluck Project