Attack on Titan Final Season revealed a Jean character visual and a new illustration by animator Takuya Suezawa. The first part of the finale is airing this Friday.
Takuya Suezawa worked as an animation director on the 12th episode of Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2. Yesterday, the anime revealed an illustration by another animator – Michel Sugimoto.
The second part is expected sometime this year. According to studio MAPPA, the finale was supposed to air in one piece but due to the amount of work required had to be split. Previously, the anime revealed character visuals for Hange and Levi, as well as Annie and Reiner.
Attack on Titan is based on a manga series by Hajime Isayama serialized in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine from 2009 to 2021. The manga ended in April of 2021 after 139 chapters, which were compiled into 34 volumes. The final, 34th volume came out in June 2021. The manga received an anime adaptation by WIT Studio in 2013. Season 2 came in 2017, followed by the third season which was split into two cours. The first cour aired in the summer of 2018, while the second one started in April of 2019. Studio MAPPA took over the franchise for the 4th season, which was titled Attack on Titan Final Season. It started airing in December of 2020 and had a total of 16 episodes. After it finished airing in March of 2021, Part 2 was announced. Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2 started in January of last year.
Yuichiro Hayashi directed both parts of Final Season, with Hiroshi Seko on series composition and the scripts. Shintaro Kawakubo, the Kodansha editor for Attack on Titan, was credited for the story composition. The same main staff is returning for the big finale:
- Director: Yuichiro Hayashi
- Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko
- Character Design: Tomohiro Kishi
- Animation Directors: Daisuke Ninuma/Manabu Akita
- Chief Episode Director: Jun Shishido
- Effect Animation Directors: Taichi Furumata/satoshi Sakai
- Color Design: Iku Onishi
- Art Director: Kuniaki Nemoto
- Screen Design: Yusuke Tannawa
- CDCGDirector: Motoi Okuno/subaru Ikeda
- Filming Director: Shigeki Asakwa
- Editor: Masato Yoshitake
- Sound Effect Director: Masafumi Mima
- Music: Kohta Yamamoto/Hiroyuki Sawano
- Sound Effects: Naoto Yamatani
- Sound Production: Techno Sound
- Animation Producer: Wataru Kawagoe
- Produced by: MAPPA
Source: Attack on Titan Official Website
© Hajime Isayama, Kodansha/”ATTACK ON TITAN” The Final Season Production Committee