The Chainsaw Man anime will have its world premiere on September 19, with a special pre-screening of episode 1 which is limited to 300 lucky people who win the lottery on the franchise’s official Twitter. The event will be held in Japan, and the lottery involves following the official Twitter account and retweeting their trailer upload. It’s expected that the theme songs and Rize’s voice actress will be revealed at the event. You can watch the trailer for the anime below:
The trailer also introduces the main voice cast. Kikunosuke Toya will voice Denj, Tomori Kusunoki will voice Makimai, Shogo Sakata will voice Aki Hayakawa, and Fairouz Ai will voice Power. Ryu Nakayama is directing the anime at MAPPA, and the rest of the staff includes:
- Assistant Director: Masato Nakazono (JUJUTSU KAISEN; SSSS.Gridman)
- Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho 100; JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Background Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga; JUJUTSU KAISEN)
- Character Design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Devil Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (Flip Flappers; Space Dandy)
- Action Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover; Yatterman Night)
- Music: Kensuke Ushio (A Silent Voice; Devilman Crybaby)
Crunchyroll will also be streaming the Chainsaw Man anime in October, and they describe the story:
Denji is a teenage boy living with a Chainsaw Devil named Pochita. Due to the debt his father left behind, he has been living a rock-bottom life while repaying his debt by harvesting devil corpses with Pochita.
One day, Denji is betrayed and killed. As his consciousness fades, he makes a contract with Pochita and gets revived as “Chainsaw Man”–a man with a devil’s heart.
While 300 lucky fans will be able to watch Chainsaw Man episode 1 pre-screened on September 19, the rest of us won’t have to wait too long either until the October worldwide premiere.
Source: Official Website
©Tatsuki Fujimoto / Shueisha, MAPPA