The Spriggan anime adaptation by studio David Productions is now available for streaming on Netflix. The anime was added to the streaming service’s library on June 18. Spriggan consists of a single season, with 8 episodes that are around 45 minutes long.
Spriggan is directed by Hiroshi Kobayashi, with Hiroshi Seko on the script. Miyake Shohei is serving as an assistant director, and Shuhei Handa doing the character designs. Handa and Nao Naito serve as chief animation directors, with Handa previously drawing Spriggan’s newest key visual. The new series was previously delayed from 2021 to this year.
The cast for the anime series includes:
- Chiaki Kobayashi as Yu Ominae
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Iwao Akatsuki
- Tetsu Inada as Bo Brantz
- Yohei Azakami as Jean Jacquemonde
- Ryota Takeuchi as Larry Marcusn
- Ayumu Murase as MacDougal-taisa
- Takehito Koyasu as Mirage
- Ken Narita as Koichi Moroha
- Mariya Ise as Yoshino Somei
- Otsuka Akio as Steve H. Foster
- Kenji Hamada as Yamamoto-shocho
Spriggan is based on a manga written by Hiroshi Takashige and illustrated by Ryoji Minagawa, It had an animated movie adaptation made by Studio 4°C in 1998. Netflix describes the show as:
An ancient alien civilization’s relics on Earth hold dangerous powers. The ARCAM corporation’s Spriggan agents must keep them out of the wrong hands.
Source: Spriggan Netflix Page
©2021 Hirohi Takashige, Ryoji Minagawa, Shogakukan/Spriggan Project