Crunchyroll has announced the English dub for the new Horimiya anime, titled Horimiya: The Missing Pieces. The English dub of the anime will premiere on July 15, while the Japanese version premiered on July 1. The anime adapts popular chapters of the original manga that weren’t included in the original 2021 anime.
The English dub cast from Horimiya will reprise their roles as follows:
- Marisa Duran as Kyoko Hori
- Alejandro Saab as Izumi Miyamura
- Zeno Robinson as Toru Ishikawa
- Jalitza Delgado as Remi Ayasaki
- Anairis Quinones as Yuki Yoshikawa
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Akane Yanagi
- Belsheber Rusape Jr. as Kakeru Sengoku
- Celeste Perez as Sakura Kono
- Y. Chang as Shu Iura
- Emily Fajardo as Sota Hori
- Bill Butts as Kyosuke Hori
- Marissa Lenti as Yuriko Hori
Crunchyroll streams the anime and describes the original Horimiya as:
A secret life is the one thing they have in common. At school, Hori is a prim and perfect social butterfly, but the truth is she’s a brash homebody. Meanwhile, under a gloomy facade, Miyamura hides a gentle heart, along with piercings and tattoos. In a chance meeting, they both reveal a side they’ve never shown. Could this blossom into something new?
The romantic comedy Hori-san to Miyamura-kun was first published by Hiroki Adachi online under the pen name HERO in 2007. In 2011, Daisuke Hagiwara adapted the series into a new manga titled Horimiya, which retold the original series in a typical manga format with a new art style. The 2021 anime adaptation ran for 12 episodes but skipped parts of the manga that will be brought into Horimiya: The Missing Pieces.
Source: Crunchyroll Press Release
© HERO, Daisuke Hagiwara/SQUARE ENIX, “Horimiya: The Missing Pieces” Project