Crunchyroll Games and developer Perfect World announced a new One Punch Man: World game that is coming to Windows, iOS and Android. The game will be free but will feature in-game purchases and what appears to be a gacha mechanic (Perfect World is known for The Tower of Fantasy, another gacha game). Pre-registration for Windows PC is now open on the official website in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa as well as in Latin America, and the Nordics. Crunchyroll describes the mechanics as:
Heroes are needed in One Punch Man: World! A sinister wave of monster attacks has left Earth’s cities and the Hero Association under duress. However, after three years of special training, Saitama has become so powerful that he can defeat opponents with a single punch. The thing is, Saitama just does the hero thing for fun, but when every enemy goes down in one punch, overwhelming power can be kind of… boring. Now, in front of the laid-back strongest hero, a new enemy appears. Will he be able to show his full power today?
- Unlock and level up fan-favorite heroes from the One-Punch Man anime series, including Genos, and more.
- Enter the Hero Association hub to meet friends, take on missions, and team up for raids against destructive foes with other players.
- Dive into intricate combat and execute perfectly timed dodges, skill combos, and spectacular ultimates, including all-new abilities for beloved characters.
- Fight your way through iconic moments from the One-Punch Man’s first season punch for punch.
- Discover expanded moments from the anime or experience scenarios from an all-new point of view.
- Explore Z-City and participate in side activities and mini-games, while climbing your way to the top of the in-game rankings.
One Punch Man: World is not the first game from the franchise: One Punch Man – The Strongest launched last year. The franchise is based on a manga by ONE and Yusuke Murata. The manga received an anime adaptation which so far had two seasons, the first one by BONES and the second by J.C. Staff. The third one is in the works.
Source: Press Release
©ONE, Yusuke Murata/SHUEISHA, Hero Association HQ