Spy x Family anime released a new illustration of the series Loid Forger as a countdown to the second cour of the series, which begins broadcasting tonight. Kazuaki Shimada, the character designer and one of the two chief animation directors, drew the illustration.
The newly released illustration shows the Forger family’s father and spy, Loid Forger silently smiling, wearing his iconic deep green jacket, red tie and golden badge, while having a finger gun by keeping the thumb and index fingers open and the rest closed in the right hand. The written text in the picture says “Spy x Family – Broadcasts Today” and “Thank you for your attention” with a handwritten sweat emoji. At the right corner writes the illustrator’s name and role: Character Designer Shimada.
You can check already-released countdown illustrations from the links below:
- Day 1: Spy x Family Anime Part 2 Begins Countdown With Anya and Becky Illustration
- Day 2: Spy x Family Anime Part 2 Countdown Introduces Fiona Frost
- Day 3: Spy x Family Part 2 Countdown Continues with Illustration Damian’s Illustration
- Day 4: Spy x Family Anime Part 2 Countdown Continues with Illustration of Fanboying Yuri Briar
- Day 5: Spy x Family Part 2 Countdown Continues with Illustration of Bond
- Day 6: Spy x Family Part 2 Anime Countdown Continues with Yor Forger Illustration
- Day 7: Spy x Family Part 2 Anime Countdown Continues With Anya Forger Illustration
Prior to the October 1 premiere date, the anime released the non-credit opening video for the second cour on September 28 night.
The WIT STUDIO and CloverWorks’ collaborative anime Spy x Family based on Tatsuya Endo’s Shonen Jump+ manga of the same name began in April and ended its first cour on June 25 in Japan with the 12th episode. The second cour will begin broadcasting on October 1, and the manga’s next, 10th volume is scheduled to be released on October 4.
Viz Media licensed the manga for English releases and describes the plot as:
Not one to depend on others, Twilight has his work cut out for him procuring both a wife and a child for his mission to infiltrate an elite private school. What he doesn’t know is that the wife he’s chosen is an assassin and the child he’s adopted is a telepath!