Spy x Family is getting a stage musical, set to premiere next in March of next year at Tokyo’s Imperial Theatre. The musical is also set to go on a nationwide tour that will last from April until May. An announcement visual for Toho-produced musical was revealed:
Spy x Family is a manga by Tatsuya Endo. It started serialization in 2019 on Shueisha’s Shonen Jump + magazine platform. It currently has 62 chapters. Viz Media is publishing the series in English and describes the plot as:
Not one to depend on others, Twilight has his work cut out for him procuring both a wife and a child for his mission to infiltrate an elite private school. What he doesn’t know is that the wife he’s chosen is an assassin and the child he’s adopted is a telepath!
An anime adaptation by studios CloverWorks and WIT Studio premiered in April of 2022. The staff listing for the anime includes some well-known industry names:
- Director: Kazuhiro Furuhashi
- Character designer: Kazuaki Shimada
- Music: (K)NoW_NAME
- Chief animation directors: Kyoji Asano and Kazuaki Shimada
- Assistant directors: Takashi Katagiri, Norihito Takahashi, Takahiro Harada
- Color design: Ken Hashimoto
- Art directors: Kazuo Nagai, Hisayo Usui
- Sound director: Shouji Hata
- CG director: Kana Imagaki
The main trio is voiced by Takuya Eguchi (Loid), Saori Hayami (Yor), and Atsumi Tanezaki (Anya).
Source: Official Spy x Family Stage Musical Twitter
© Tatsuya Endo, Shueisha / Spy x Family Project