Spring 2022 anime season has arrived as the Winter 2022 anime season draws to a close. Time flies, and we’ve completed our calculations for the anime that premiered this season here at Anime Corner.
In case you missed it, from January 07, 2022 to April 01, 2022, Anime Corner conducted weekly surveys, gathering community feedback and ranking weekly episode releases. Our surveys gathered data from 50,197 individuals throughout the season, and our findings are based on the total amount of data gathered thus far.
From Week 1 to Week 11, we conducted weekly polls, followed by a season-ending poll titled “Anime of the Season” from March 25 to April 1, 2022.
Our final poll results accounted for 55% of the weight in the score ranking, while weekly poll results accounted for the remaining 45%. Over the course of eleven weeks, the 45 percent weight is distributed in a variety of ways, resulting in multiple data sets that are then averaged.
This is a weighted ranking, and we chose this method to ensure that the final result is more balanced.
To ensure data integrity, we have taken steps to minimise spam and data duplication by logging each user’s IP address and allowing only one vote per option via that address for a single poll.
In other words, re-voting incognito for a poll choice will result in your vote being discarded. If you haven’t already voted, you can always return to a polling site to do so as long as it remains open.
Winter 2022 Anime Rankings
Before we continue, we’d like to point out that certain shows, such as “Ranking of Kings,” were included in our weekly polls solely for data representation purposes and were excluded from our seasonal rankings calculations due to their season premieres and lack of seasonal gaps.
Additionally, the rankings below should not be used to influence your decision to watch series that are not ranked in the Top 10, as each show has its own distinct style and each person’s taste in anime is unique. This season was jam-packed with unexpected twists and turns that we will undoubtedly miss.
Top 10 Anime of the Season – Winter 2022
The following graphic depicts the Winter 2022 season’s Top 10 Anime.
The full set of results can be found below.
|1st||Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2||14.54%|
|2nd||Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Entertainment District Arc||11.36%|
|3rd||The Case Study of Vanitas Part 2||9.46%|
|4th||My Dress-Up Darling||8.52%|
|5th||Teasing Master Takagi-san 3||4.95%|
|6th||Life With an Ordinary Guy Who Reincarnated Into a Total Fantasy Knockout||4.7%|
|7th||The Genius Prince’s Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt||4.56%|
|8th||Akebi’s Sailor Uniform||4.36%|
|9th||Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest Season 2||4.05%|
|11th||How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Part 2||3.39%|
|12th||World’s End Harem||2.99%|
|13th||Princess Connect! Re:Dive Season 2||2.79%|
|14th||The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest||2.74%|
|15th||In the Land of Leadale||2.35%|
|16th||Love of Kill||2.34%|
|17th||Sasaki and Miyano||1.93%|
|18th||She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man||1.69%|
|20th||Police in a Pod||1.08%|
|23rd||Tokyo 24th Ward||0.82%|
|26th||Miss KUROITSU from the Monster Development Department||0.71%|
|28th||Requiem of the Rose King||0.49%|
|30th||Fantasia Sango – Realm of Legends||0.31%|
|31st||Saiyuuki Reload: Even a Worm Arc||0.27%|
|32nd||Shenmue the Animation||0.25%|
Congratulations on taking the top spot and being the season’s most popular episode, “Attack on Titan Final Season Part 2.” Additionally, we’d like to congratulate “My Dress-Up Darling” for being named the season’s best new anime (non-sequel).
We’d like to express our gratitude to everyone who voted and provided feedback in our polls.
Winter 2022 Participant Statistics
As previously stated, we collected data from 50,197 people via our weekly polls this season. The term “people” refers to the distinct IP addresses logged during the poll’s submission. We’ve taken every precaution to avoid spam, avoid data duplication, and maintain the data’s integrity.
You’ll find demographic data on our voters below.
The table below illustrates the age distribution of our voters. Because the default setting for the age option on our polls site is “13,” we’ve marked it as “Unknown” because we’re unsure whether the respondent is truly under the age of 13 or simply forgot to adjust it manually.
The table below details the gender group members who voted in the poll.
Similarly, the table below indicates the number of individuals from each continent included in our data calculation.
We’d like to thank everyone who voted in our polls again this season. We look forward to your responses to future polls.
This season, we’re conducting surveys to gauge community interest in seiyuu and characters. At the polls, we’d love to hear from you at polls.animecorner.me.