Chainsaw Man author Tatsuki Fujimoto showed up on Twitter to live-tweet his reactions on episode 5 of the anime adaptation titled “Gun Devil” in real-time during the broadcast. The manga creator “borrowed” the Twitter account from Koharu Nagayama (@nagayama_koharu), whom he’d created and usually acts as. Fujimoto tweeted about the previous episode last week in the same way, and Nagayama said she would let him use the account next week in the same time slot.
“This is Tatsuki. I’d like to do it also today,” the Chainsaw Man author showed up about ten minutes before the broadcast of episode 5. His next tweet was a reaction to a commercial sequence’s song titled “Shiawase” by Vaundy: “I like ‘Shiawase’“, followed by “I’m sleepy and hungri right now” with a typo.
Here is a chronological list of his reactions on the episode during the broadcast:
- I wore the same clothes as Denji
- The way of laughing Gahaha is also good in the anime
- Looks yummy~
- I stamped a lot without understanding, too
- The hand!
- I’m jealous of the nail~
- This is so ecchi!
- Denji’s being cute
- So close
- The hands’ sakuga were so good
- Adorable Aki
- The same clothes as Luna [A character of his work, Fire Punch]
- That’s horrible
- Denji being an idiot’s good
- Gyo [Junji Ito’s Work]
- In the manga the shoes are too square
- So new gyaracters are appearing already [typo included]
- The gum’s scene is like Shin-chan [Crayon Shin-chan]
- They put poop on his nose in the morning, but I didn’t draw it [Aki was furious over something in the morning and the reason wasn’t depicted in the manga]
- Hime the serial kisser
- Denji’s being like Shin-chan
- She emphasized Aki-kun
- I wanted to make it like the grave from Eva here [Neon Genesis Evangelion]
- This Aki-kun and the present Aki-kun are different
- I remember Assistant-san told me it’s cute like Kirby in the scene
- So bleeding and that’s nice
- I wanted to make it the horror movie The Incident in the scene
- It already endeed [typo included]
- Amazing sakuga
- This horse is cool~
- It was fun~
- I’m hungry~
- It was fun~
Animation studio MAPPA is animating the Chainsaw Man anime based on Tatsuki Fujimoto’s manga of the same name serialized in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump from December 2018 to January 2021 with a total of 11 volumes. The series’ second part is being published on Shueisha’s online manga service Shonen Jump +. The series surpassed 16 million circulating copies with the 12th volume’s release on October 4. The anime adaptation was chosen as Anime Corner’s most anticipated Anime of Fall 2022 by fans.
Source: Official Twitter (Chainsaw Man)
©Tatsuki Fujimoto / Shueisha, MAPPA