The popular YouTube channel EGAKU – Draw the Song (stylized as EGAKU -draw the song-) announced a special event to mark the second anniversary of the channel. EGAKU Exhibit will see original paintings submitted by some of the most talented and renowned artists from November 18 – 26. The key visual for the Egaku Exhibit, drawn by Witch Hat Atelier‘s Kamome Shirahama is below:
The Egaku – Draw the Song channel regularly posts videos of influential names drawing original art to their favorite songs. Past artists on “Egaku – Draw the Song” and their song choices include:
- Paru Itagaki (Beastars manga creator): Chara – “PRIVATE BEACH” (link)
- Daisuke Hagiwara (Horimiya manga artist): LiSA – “YuKe” (link)
- Kento Matsura (Phantom Seer manga artist): supercell – “Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari” (link)
- Yumi Tada (The Mermaid and the Prince manga creator): Rei Yasuda – “Not the End” (link)
- Mizuki Yoda (MARRIAGETOXIN manga artist): Ryokuoushoku Shakai – “Mela” (link)
For readers in Japan, tickets and further information for Egaku Exhibit can be found here. The event will be held on the 8th floor of Shinjuku Marui Main Building. Alongside Paru Itagaki, Daisuke Hagiwara, Kento Matsura, Yumi Tada, and Mizuki Yoda, Egaku – Draw the Song confirmed further names for the event:
- Miki Yoshikawa (Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches, A Couple of Cuckoos manga creator)
- Koji Kumeta (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei manga creator)
- Tsubasa Yamaguchi (Blue Period manga creator)
- John Tarachine (Sex Education manga adaptation artist)
- Kamome Shirahama (Witch Hat Atelier manga creator)
Egaku – Draw the Song started in the fall of 2021, bringing fans closer to their favorite artists through music. The channel describes itself:
There is a song that touches an artist’s heart.
‘EGAKU -draw the song-’
is a drawing channel where artists express their impressions of song lyrics in a single picture.
Now that the song is playing, pick up a pen.
And draw the song.
Source: Official X