The upcoming Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome is Tough For Mobs anime adaptation revealed a new key visual today, along with cast additions. Studio ENGI is animating the series, which is set to begin airing in April 2022.
The new cast additions to the Trapped in a Dating Sim anime include:
- Ayane Sakura as Marie Fou Lafan
- Kenichi Suzumura as Julius Rapha Holfort
- Kosuke Toriumi as Jilk Fia Marmoria
- Shinnosuke Tachibana as Brad Fou Field
- Kouji Yusa as Chris Fia Arclight
- Nobuyuki Hiyama as Greg Fou Seberg
The anime previously revealed trailer and theme songs. The opening theme is titled “Silent Minority” and performed by Ito Kashitaro. Riko Azuna is singing “Selfish” which is the ending theme.
The staff for the anime was revealed previously and includes:
- Directors: Shinichi Fukumoto, Kazuya Miura
- Character designs: Masahiko Suzuki
- Series composition: Kenta Ihara
The anime is based on a light novel written by Yomu Mishima and illustrated by Monda. It was originally a self-published web novel but was picked up by Micro Magazine’s GC Novels imprint in 2018. A manga adaptation with Jun Shiosato’s illustrations is also ongoing. Seven Seas licensed it in English and describes the plot as:
Office worker Leon is reincarnated into a dating sim video game, where women reign supreme and only beautiful men have a seat at the table. But Leon has a secret weapon: he remembers everything from his past life, which includes a complete playthrough of the very game in which he is now trapped. Can Leon spark a revolution to change this new world order?
Source: Official Website
© Yomu Mishima / Micro Magazine / MobSeka Production Committee